The Lead Field Therapist is the primary therapist responsible for overseeing clinical care of New Vision Wilderness clients. Field therapists will work a flexible schedule based on programming needs; this generally includes working up to 3 days per week in the wilderness including overnights. This position may work in all NVW programs.
Lead Field Therapists are responsible for clinical intake, case management, individual and group therapy, post-trip clinical summaries and all related paperwork. Wilderness Therapists may carry a caseload of up to 10 clients during extended expeditions.
Responsibilities also include outreach involvement (conferences, seminars, etc.), direct care and supervision of clients, completion of daily paperwork, and weekly planning of group activities.
· Master’s degree in counseling-related field required. State License or license eligibility required.
· 21+ years old.
· 2 - 4 years of post Master's experience working in the field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience.
· Excellent leadership skills, communication, and problem solving skills.
· Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations and have the ability to walk at least 1 mile over uneven terrain
· Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
· Must hold a valid driver's license with clean driving record..
· Must possess a current first aid and CPR certification; Certified Wilderness First Responder preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive Salary based on overall experience.
PTO and Holidays Offered
Health available (3 options), vision, and/or dental insurance plan on the first day of the month after 60 days of employment. NVW will pay 50% of the Basic Plan monthly premium or the equivalent amount of another plan. AFLAC accident and illness plans are available.
401K benefit available.
Short and long term disability and life insurance offered.
NVW pro-deals and discounted purchases of clothing and equipment.
Internal Number: 1
About New Vision Wilderness Therapy
New Vision Wilderness (NVW) is an intermediate level of care program for those who require an immediate intervention and intensive treatment. Our programs specialize in treating struggles associated with adoption, trauma, anxiety and addiction. We serve preteens, teens, young adults, and families in two locations: the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin and the majestic mountains of Oregon, right outside of Bend.