Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients. Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members. Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence. May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
1. Skills necessary to evaluate patient conditions and operate all respiratory therapy and bedside pulmonary function equipment.
2. Skills necessary to calculate and regulate respiratory therapy modalities.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients and medical, nursing and professional staff to explain procedures and elicit cooperation.
4. Physical stamina necessary for frequent standing, walking, and lifting and positioning of patients.
5. Observational skills to judge changes in patient's condition and assess emergency situations.
6. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905022707
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.