A trusted mental health resource in the National Capital Region since 1957, EveryMind offers programs and services that bring healing, hope and wholeness to children, youth, adults, veterans and families. EveryMind’s programs address a full spectrum of community needs through direct services, crisis prevention and education. EveryMind positively impacts hundreds of area residents every week. Last year, EveryMind served 16,000 individuals in the region with 115,000 hours of direct support.
EveryMind has an opening for a Licensed, Bilingual, School and Community Based Therapist. This position provides clinical services including assessments, individual, group and family therapy in office, community, or school-based settings, information and referral and psycho-educational workshops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Offers assessment, individual, family, group and parent counseling.
• Leads or co-leads office or school-based therapy or psycho-educational groups.
• Conducts regular outreach to the general community and schools regarding services.
• Acts as a consultant to school staff when requested, providing information and referral for appropriate services and during times of crisis as needed and appropriate.
• Provides community education including developing and implementing workshops as requested by community.
• Provides mental health crisis intervention services when appropriate.
• Compiles and maintains accurate documentation in individual client case files and group charts including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, consents and summaries. Submits charts to supervisor for periodic review.
• Participates in weekly supervision and monthly clinical consultation to evaluate and improve the quality of therapy services provided and ensure that services are culturally appropriate for the client.
• Collects program evaluation data from participants in groups, workshops, and individual and family counseling.
• Adheres to ethical principles for the practice of counseling as defined by the Social Work Code of Ethics and the code of ethics of the counselor’s licensure board.
• Adheres to agency and program policies established by EveryMind Board of Directors, Chief Program Officer and Youth and Family Services Directors.
• Consistently represents EveryMind in a professional manner. Treats all students, families, community members, school personnel, partners, donors and others with respect.
Education: Masters level in mental health field with appropriate licensure.
Experience: A minimum of one year relevant experience working with youth and families.
Skills: Strong organizational, community building and record keeping skills. Bilingual in Spanish required.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and each plays an essential role in working toward our very important mission: EveryMind strengthens communities and empowers individuals to reach optimal mental wellness.
EveryMind is a regional provider of mental wellness services and is located in Montgomery County, Maryland. EveryMind has been recognized by The Alliance for Workplace Excellence as an Excellent Place to Work and by The American Psychological Association as a Psychologically Healthy Workplace.
Bilingual in Spanish required.
Masters level in mental health field with appropriate license is required.
Internal Number: 150
EveryMind is an award-winning nonprofit organization serving the community for more than 60 years through education, advocacy and direct service programming.