Central Michigan University College of Medicine and CMU Medical Education Partners are seeking an experienced candidate with proven leadership abilities and an academic pedigree to serve as Section Chief of Psychiatry. This is a wonderful opportunity that will allow the incoming physician leader to build programs and make an impact. Mentoring junior faculty in an academic and scholarly areas and clinical professional development is a key element of the position. The department consists of ten attending psychiatrists, 24 residents and four child and adolescent fellows.
• Opportunity for tremendous career growth—including into a chair role as the section continues to grow
• Ability to make a name for yourself and help build the reputation of the program at a new medical school
• Option for inpatient, outpatient, or both
• Highly competitive compensation—100th percentile of the AAMC
• Excellent work-life balance—residents take primary call
• Providers with any psychiatry subspecialty will be considered
• Qualified and interested candidates may also be considered for the Child and Adolescent Fellowship Director or junior faculty positions
The practice benefits tremendously from residing in Saginaw Township and the Great Lakes Bay Region, an ideal location in Mid-Michigan that offers a community-based atmosphere to its patients and providers. A beautiful riverfront town near Michigan’s eastern shoreline, this family-friendly region is a wonderful place to live and work. Saginaw County is the home of Frankenmuth, one of the State’s leading travel and leisure attractions.
• A low cost of living and great housing options
• Physician-friendly state
• Excellent public and private schools
• An abundance of outdoor recreation, including a variety of water activities
• Symphony, art museums and accredited children’s museums and children’s zoo
• OHL Hockey and Minor league baseball are family friendly activities
• Convenient access (60 minutes) to metro Detroit and additional metro areas
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Allison Bunnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference PSY-52086
Internal Number: PSY-52086
About Merritt Hawkins
Merritt Hawkins is considered one of the nation’s most recognized physician recruiting firms. Our full-service, permanent physician search firm specializes in recruiting and placing top physicians and advanced practitioner talent in jobs across the country. Because we are solely dedicated to healthcare recruitment and physician job search, we have developed a methodology that results in the placement of the highest quality clinicians and physician leaders across the full spectrum of healthcare delivery systems.